Raspberry Chiffon cake

Raspberries Chiffon Cake
from Frozen Raspberries
There are no such thing as a must have raspberries chiffon cake recipe or a orange chiffon cake recipe. To me, so long as you master 1 chiffon cake recipe, I will use it to experiment on different flavors.
I can say, I am a experimental baker. I love to play with one recipe I master. I will start using whatever resource at home to bake a new kind of cakes.
I started with a Pandan Chiffon Cake. A recipe given by my friend. Then I did an error, a good error, this error gave me a more softer texture Chiffon. From there, I started to play with tea, juices, other kinds of flour etc.
Raspberries has a lot of seeds. So it is always better to blend them, sieve the seeds off and use the raspberries juice only. 
We need to bake at low temperature to get a well raised cake .

A Ingredients
150g plain flour
50g corn flour
1.5 tsp baking powder
170ml Raspberry puree (sieve off seeds)
50ml corn oil
5 egg yolks

B Ingredients
8 egg whites
170g fine sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tartar

Mix A ingredients and put aside
At mid speed, beat egg whites. While beating add cream of tartar.
Then add fine sugar 1 spoon at a time while beating it. Adjust to high speed and  beat until stiff peak form.

Mix 1/3 of whites to Ingredients A, mix them until mixed.
Pour the mixture to the remaining egg whites.
Fold and pour into a 9" chiffon baking tin
Bake at 160 degrees celsius for 40mins
Bake at 180 degrees celsius for 5 mins.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coconut fillings for Mee Jiang Kueh / Chinese Pancake

Chinese Watercress Soup

Chinese Spinach with century egg