Chinese Spinach with century egg

It is Saturday and one of my daughter is having lunch at home before heading out. I will try my best to cook for them so long as my children are at home for lunch or dinner knowing that they will not have enough vegetables intake when dining out.
Decided to cook teochew porridge. We have switch to brown rice for quite some time. Decided to cook chinese spinach. I have some left over of duck wings from Taipei. So it ended up as my porridge side dish as well. Simple lunch for 2 person. Our favourite to have plenty of vegetables.
Yes, supposed to use century egg. But I have got left over of 3 flavour eggs from my Taipei trip. So decided to use it to cook with the vegetables.
1. Place water to boil in the kwali
2. Boil the stalk for 1 min, then stir in the leaves for another 3 mins.
3. Add the cut eggs. Add salt to taste.
4. Add fried garlic.
Serve.
Oh usually, I will pre-fried some garlic for daily use. However, garlic prices has increased so much that I decided to try out the ready made ones. Well, it turned out that it is as good as the ones I fried my own.
Here are the products I got from my Taipei trip at Tamsui
You may like to check out my Tamsui trip page Tamsui



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coconut fillings for Mee Jiang Kueh / Chinese Pancake

Chinese Watercress Soup