Korean Side dish-Spicy Cucumber Salad

Wanted to eat the cucumber salad so badly but not able to buy from anywhere.
Decided to check out on the internet and found this website - http://crazykoreancooking.com/recipe/seasoned-cucumber-oi-muchim
I tried it with 100% ingredients. It taste good. 
However, I find it a little too salty.
So after a few tries, I have tweaked to only the following ingredients without having to follow exactly the portion of ingredients. I have also excluded the garlic and onions. I guess its about salad dressing to the vegetables. We can change up to our taste.

Main ingredients - Cucumber, or I can add tomato
1 teaspoon of vinegar
1 teaspoon of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1 teaspoon of Korean Hot Pepper flakes (more for more spicy)
1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
Sesame seeds (Fried, optional)

Step one, cut the cucumber to your preferred shape
Mix all the ingredients except cucumber in a bowl.
Use a glove, mix the ingredients to the cucumber. Try out one piece.
You can adjust more or less dressing ingredients depending on how many cucumber you use.
Serve.

Thats simple. I usually include it as my main vegetable or side dish.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coconut fillings for Mee Jiang Kueh / Chinese Pancake

Chinese Watercress Soup

Chinese Spinach with century egg