Food I cook - Recipe

Depending on what is your expectation, a simple meal is good enough. Boiling soup is the most simplest food in chinese dishes, but still, a lot of people find it very difficult to do it. I am going to organise my recipes here so that everyone can learn how to cook a simple meal.

A) Boiled soup
Boiled soup are traditionally Cantonese soup.  I grew up in a 100% Teochew family. This kind of soup do not exist in my cooking dictionary. Only after I married my husband, my mother in law boil these soup every day and from there, I tasted what is boiled soup and understand what kind of soup the Cantonese grow up with.
Nowadays, we are able to drink these soup in hawker center and due to wide variety of food hawker center offered, a lot of people do not know where is the origin of these food.
Below are some common soup that I now boil for my husband's family during the week end. Anyone can boil soup. It is very simple.



3a) Lotus root chicken soup (with the help of Thermal Pot)



4) Raddish Corn Soup

B) Simple Boiled soup
As mentioned, I am a 100% teochew. I have cooked for my family of 11 siblings since I was 10 years old. Everyday, I will boil a pot of fast boil soup for the whole family of 13.  Over here I am going to share with you the simple soup that I have been cooking for more than 40 years.

1) Simple boiled bittergourd soup.



C) Other Soup
1) Korean-spicy-tofu-soup
2) Korean Spicy Fish Stew


D) Simple dishes for the healthy eaters
Simple cooking or tricks for the busy people.
1) Teochew Salted Vege steam fish

2) Sweet potato leaves in Quick Spicy sauce
3) Simple boiled Xiao Bai Chye




E) Side dishes



F) Desserts



G) Deep fried / Roasted
1) Mushroom and lady fingers fritters
l


2) Roast Chicken
3) Meat roll with fish paste

H) Some tips for easy cooking / groceries
In cooking, we always need to add in fried garlic or fried onion to enhance the flavour of our dishes. In fact, without these items, the food we cook will not taste good.

For me, I will always have these items prepared in advance, place them in the refrigerator for use every day. By doing so, I will save a lot of time just to fry the garlic or onions everyday and will also kept my kitchen clear from oil.

1) Fried garlic.
This can be fried in advance. Keep in the refrigerator. Sometimes, I used the ready made ones which can be bought over the counter.
I bought these off the shelves. On bottle with oil and one without oil.
They are very useful when we want to cook a quick simple meal without having to bring out the wok to fry. If I do not want too much oil, I will use the fried garlic without oil for garnish. If I want to fry small amount of fried rice, I will use the garlic with oil so that it is not too dry. It depends on what we like to buy which we want.


2) Fried Garlic mixed with Chilli and Onion
This mix can be used for mixing sauce for certain dishes. Another mixture that I will do in advance and keep in my refrigerator.

Quick sauce using fried chilli garlic mix
3) Coriander


4) Japanese Salad dressing
Found this in the website and like to share. (forgotten the source)
Good for shredded vege.
1 Tablespoon onion (chopped)
3 Tablespoon oil (I used 1)
3 Tablespoon Soy Sauce
3 Tablespoon rice vinegar
1 Tablespoon Sugar
Freshly grounded black pepper (I used bottled ones)
Half tablespoon toasted white sesame seeds


I) Fusion
1) Stir Fry Spaghetti
Stir Fry Spaghetti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coconut fillings for Mee Jiang Kueh / Chinese Pancake

Chinese Watercress Soup

Chinese Spinach with century egg