Japanese Ramen, Vietnamese Pho

My love to bring back instant noodles when  I travel. Tasting the instant noodles also let me know about the local culture. What are they eating for instant noodles.
Below are the noodles I tasted. Sorted by country


From : Japan-Ramen. You can find this in those "tourist supermarket. I did not see this in the supermarket in the remote areas. If you love thin noodles, you will like this. The thick brooth (like tonkatsu soup-though not exactly taste like it) will make you happy if you are craving for tonkatsu soup based noodles.
From Japan- Udon with dried Tofu. A new find for us while shopping in a supermarket at a remote area near Kirin Beer factory. Cost only 98 Yen. The udon is those fresh udon and there is a dried tofu. Very good indeed. I guess it will be my new must bring home item from Japan in future.
From Japan - Ramen : Saw this at a Supermarket near Kirin Beer Factory. Cost less than SGD2 for a packet of 5. Saw a  Japanese housewife buying it. So I followed. Well, cannot expect much. Taste with our local chicken flavour instant noodle.

From Japan- Ramen and Udon- The ones on the left and right are my favourites. A must buy when I travel in Japan. It is only available exclusively to 7-Eleven by Nisshin. So you can never be able to get them in Singapore. When you buy these noodles from 7 Eleven stores in Japan, counter staff will give you a chopsticks and wet tissue, assuming you will dine there. The udon (middle picture) can be bought in Singapore. But the price is double when you get it in Singapore. The tonkatsu ramen come with a piece of meat and the udon come with a dried tofu. That is what make it different from the other instant noodles and why I am so crazy with them.


From Vietnam -Pho- Got this from HCM airport during transit to Japan. The taste is exactly like those pho we ate in Vietnam. It even has some bits of beef in there. Good if we are craving for Pho.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coconut fillings for Mee Jiang Kueh / Chinese Pancake

Chinese Watercress Soup

Chinese Spinach with century egg